Free Menu Planner Sample

Visit http://www.themenucompanion.com/ to get your free menu planner sample today.

The Groove Mamma Goes Gourmet - Best Canadian Entertaining Cookbook

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

People often ask me what tools could I not do without in the kitchen. I think they expect me to ream off a whole list of gadgets and gizmo's but quite frankly there are really only a few essentials that I need. A good sharp chef's knife, a large easy to clean cutting board, a heavy bottomed saucepan and my poultry shears. Yep, I may be a simple knife girl but ever since my wonderful Aussie mom gave me a pair of poultry shears a few years ago I've been addicted to them.

Now as the name says these light weight but strong shears will make quick work of cutting up a whole chicken, snipping through those bones and joints like they were toothpicks. But there are many other uses as well. Great for all types of bones and hard to cut items such as seafood, string, food containers and more. Expect to pay about $45 but believe me once you get a pair you'll be "shear" happy!

No comments: