Free Menu Planner Sample

Visit http://www.themenucompanion.com/ to get your free menu planner sample today.

The Groove Mamma Goes Gourmet - Best Canadian Entertaining Cookbook

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I’m in the kitchen a lot, whether it’s cooking for my clients or for my family and I love it. Sometimes though I want to spoil me and only me! On these days I fix a simple but decadent snack for myself. Spiced Ricotta and Grilled Figs. This snack is perfect in the afternoon as a pick me up or as a special lunch treat. Because as the saying goes, “I’m worth it!” You are too, so enjoy!

Spiced Ricotta and Grilled Figs
Serves 1 as snack or light lunch
Preparation Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 3 mins

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1 tsp sugar, or to taste
  • 2 slices of Fruit bread, thickly sliced and toasted
  • 2 fresh figs, sliced
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar


1. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar together. Adjust spices and sugar to taste.
2. Spread the ricotta mixture on two slices of toasted fruit bread of your choice.
3. Top the ricotta bread with sliced figs and sprinkle with brown sugar.
4. Place under a hot grill and cook until the sugar has caramelized and figs are warm.
5. Serve immediately.

No comments: