Free Menu Planner Sample

Visit http://www.themenucompanion.com/ to get your free menu planner sample today.

The Groove Mamma Goes Gourmet - Best Canadian Entertaining Cookbook

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

For someone who cooks a lot like myself, the most simplest of meals often satisfy me the most. To me there is no better meal than a bowl of homemade soup, crusty bread and a glass of wine. That being said sometimes I don't have any soup around or I'm just too lazy to make any. Especially on a cold snowy day like today when I'm trying to come up with spring recipes for an April class I am working on! So to satisfy the chill in my bones and rumbling in my tummy I thought I would open up a can of soup and wolf it down while I tried to get inspired over spring time fare.

Not it's not often that I wax poetic about ready to go pre-packaged food so I wasn't expecting much when I went to taste my soup de jour from the pantry! Boy was I surprised! Knorr's Broccoli Soup with Boursin Cheese is a winner. You get that fresh taste of broccoli but then it zings you with that beautiful distinct taste of Boursin cheese. Now those of you who know me, know that I LOVE Boursin Cheese. Especially the herbs and garlic variety. This little cheese gem is often the secret ingredient in my risottos, white sauces and good old macaroni and cheese. In fact when I think about it, swap the home made soup with a good swipe of Boursin on a french stick and I'm in seventh heaven!

So now I'm happy for three reasons - my stomach is full (always a good thing for me), my taste buds are satisfied and I have a new spring recipe inspired by Boursin. Want to know what it is? Well, you'll just have to sign up for one of my spring classes.

No comments: