Free Menu Planner Sample

Visit http://www.themenucompanion.com/ to get your free menu planner sample today.

The Groove Mamma Goes Gourmet - Best Canadian Entertaining Cookbook

Monday, September 22, 2008

I have always found food and wine trends fascinating. In my business I find new products, flavours and ideas well before they hit mainstream so it’s always interesting to see how on the mark my personal favourites become.

Those who know me personally, know that Sparkling Wine has been my drink of choice for years. It’s so often reserved for special occasions but never in my house. When you consider that you can purchase a really good quality Prosecco or Cava (Italian and Spanish sparkling wines) for around $13, price isn’t a factor as most people spend on average $15 a bottle for wine. Sparkling wine is also a very versatile drink to pair with many different types of food. As a general rule the more a wine makes your mouth pucker, the better it is to match with foods and the crisp bubbles of a sparkling wine do just that! Plus I love the taste and it always makes me feel special even on a Tuesday night!


The other drink I have always been fond of is Tequila. Now most people raise their eyebrows when I tell them this as they see Tequila as a harsh, throw it back shot. But a small sipping glass of gold tequila can be a wonderfully rich, smooth and enjoyable experience. So I had to chuckle when this summer seasons LCBO Food & Drink magazine had an article on “Tequila Comes of Age” praising the merits of “sipping tequilas”. These are refined 100% agave spirits that are viewed in the same manner as single-malt Scotch. Tequila is now enjoying a soaring popularity and a sophisticated new image.


If you haven’t tried Tequila in a while, invite a few friends over and sample some of the newer brands on the market. Just make sure to serve some Tequila inspired dishes to help keep the party on an even keel!

No comments: